Strange Things in return value of BAPI

Kim, Ji Hoon ji.hoon.kim at sap.com
Thu Oct 20 05:39:06 EDT 2005

Dear Experts,

I have a customer who has strange error in their system.
I've never seen this kind of error before.

A std. task refers a method of BO which calls DMS function module
(BAPI_DOCUMENT_SETSTATUS).
And the BAPIRET2 of this F/M is retruned to the workflow container.

Most of times, this workflow has no problem. But, about one of 1000 of
workflow instances has below problem.

In workflow log, BAPIRET2 of F/M shows the error code that is nothing to
do with DMS.

  For example,
     WL 327 (End of static fork (&1 of &2 necessary branches))
     WL 808 (Work item & cannot be executed in status &)

  But, workflow step was finished successfully and continued to next
step. (Data Inconsistency)

  No status change in DMS. No tRFC error, No Abap dump, No System Log,
No Application Log. No update Error.

  This is not a temporary error because temporary error has been modeled
in this WF definition.

  I guess BAPI_DOCUMENT_SETSTATUS was not called. But, why WF releated
error code in BAPIRET2?

Please let me know the possible check list of this kind of problem.
Does anybody know how to activate workflow-trace for the all workflow
instances of one WF template?

Thanks and regards,
Kim, Ji Hoon