DMS Workflow

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 20 07:21:57 EDT 2005

My question is actually outside of workflow but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I want to use an external server for document storage that is running
FileNet. The ideal situation is to store the document externally rather than
use the R/3 database for storage when attaching a file and checking it into
DMS.

I don't have a DMS resourse here so I have to configure DMS myself. I
created a content repository with RFC Archive as the storage type because it
allows you to specify the external server paths. The problem comes into
place when I go to create the storage category. It will not let me select
the repository that I previously created because it is a storage type of RFC
Archive. The code restricts the use of that type of storage.

Has anyone ever configured DMS to use an external server? It's such a simple
configuration item but I just can't seem to get it right.

Richard.