SRM Inbox question

Sue Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Thu Oct 13 20:10:00 EDT 2005

Hi Jocelyn,

Another hope dashed...(well, secondary methods was sort of a stretch anyhow)

Our users (in EBP 3.5) have a one-line display that is supposed to
capture as much relevant Shopping Cart info as can be displayed in,
well, one line.  They have no item overview...They have the following
buttons... Change (Shopping Cart, not workitem text or history) Approve,
Reject, Resubmit, and Forward. If they click on the Shopping Cart, they
get the Shopping Cart details, not any sort of workitem overview.  I was
not the WF person responsible for the initial implementation, and in
fact, was not even aware that there *could* be an item overview.  So I
guess I need to figure out where that would be.

Currently, we have an SRM 4.0 sandbox environment.  We hope to be on
SRM  (Government Procurement) soon.  What the users really need is a way
to see the shopping cart's history throughout the approval process.  I
have heard, from a reliable source, that there is an approval preview
summary, which would provide our users with just what they want, without
resorting to a custom-coded inbox.  If I could bring that up, I could
load all kinds of info into the workitem text.

I can find the place to set up dynamic columns, just not where to set up
the inbox so the users would have to 'execute the workitem properly' (in
a dream world!).

Thanks very much for the feedback.   If you have any pointers to share
on the functionality of the SRM inbox that has passed me by, I'd be
happy to post screen shots of a better inbox!

Sue