Raising a QMSM event with change doc MELDUNG - possible?

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Mon Nov 28 15:20:23 EST 2005

Hello WUGers,

I have a perplexing little problem that I'm betting someone here knows just the answer to.

I want to trigger a WF based on a change in the field QMSM-PARNR, which means a change to the "person responsible" for a task on a service notification (or q-note, etc). But the only change document I found is MELDUNG, which is based on the key for the notification, not the task. Since there can be many tasks on a notification, it is possible that more than one task will have this field changed in a single transaction. We need to trigger a workflow for each task that is changed, or at least loop through a set of work items for each task that was changed. We also need to be able to identify the old and new values in QMSM-PARNR.

QMSM-PARNR old and new values are written to CDPOS but I am unclear how to handle the event trigger.  SWEC wants an object like BUS2080 and CDHDR only has the notification number as the key. I was  wondering if I could use a function module in SWED to translate the object key, using CDPOS -TABKEY  to get the key for QMSM....but I'm guessing I can't trigger separate events for each TABKEY value on a single change document.

Alternatively I think I could trigger the event based on BUS2080 and loop through values in the workflow, using a multiline container element...but in that case do the old and new values alternate in the container element? It seems like it will be a pain to sort them out to the task numbers in the loop.

If I sound lost then I probably am... anyone want to help me out of the wilderness?  Can you give me a suggestion as to the best way to handle this situation?

Thanks!

Margaret Hilsbos
Day & Zimmermann