2 year wait vs Batch Report

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Thu May 5 07:55:48 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I would love to hear peoples opinions on this issue.

We have a situation where a workflow has to do update a field and then wait for 2 years before clearing that field. There are two possibilities to this issue.

1. Put in a 2 year wait step
2. Terminate the workflow and run a nightly batch job which would query some table and determine if 2 years have passed and then reset the field accordingly.

Currently I am leaning towards option 1 as I really don't see a difference in option 1 and option 2. Ultimately they are all just batch jobs which check dates and then do some processing. The volumes here are very low.

Your thoughts?

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com <mailto:araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
w: http://www.3i-consulting.com