SAP-WUG Digest, Vol 6, Issue 9

Peter Roehlen theycallmepete at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 5 08:24:34 EDT 2005

Hi Alon,

Just thought I'd kick in my two cents :)

I've had a quick look at program RSWWDHEX (the Deadline monitoring job) which I beleive is the relevant one for your proposed 2 year wait job.  It seems to be very efficient and only reads table SWWWIDH using a date (with an index) to see which work items have reached their deadline.  I can't see how you could write something that was much more efficient than this.

The only caveat I add to this is that the deadline monitoring job typically runs several times an hour as opposed the 'nightly batch job' you referred to.  I wouldn't be too concerned about this unless the volume of waiting workflows is huge.

Cheers

Peter Roehlen.