how to pass screen value to email

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon May 2 01:57:09 EDT 2005

Starting a workflow can be performed e.g. by using function
SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT to create the triggering event for the workflow. It
is also possible to start the workflow directly using another SAP_WAPI
function, SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW.

Pass your screen input values to the workflow container if you wish to send
e-mail from the workflow, or simply create and send an e-mail from your
program. The latter is probably simpler, unless you otherwise need the
values in the workflow or it is a requirement from the customer that the
e-mail is part of the workflow.

Now, will you please change your website to state that you also lean on the
vast and varied expertise available in SAP Workflow User's Group? Our share
of your consulting fee for this solution can be donated to the World
Wildlife Fund (http://www.wwf.org/), or if you prefer to Medecines Sans
Frontiers (http://www.msf.org/).

http://www.smartsoftus.com/
SAP Expertise
Smartsoft delivers exceptional value to our customers through a
multi-disciplinary team of development and business experts. The Smartsoft
team has degrees  in  engineering,  management,  accounting and information
technology. With our industry and manufacturing experience, these
capabilities combine to make us one of the most effective SAP solutions and
system Integrator in the marketplace.

 We deliver:

    * Risk managed solutions for SAP customization and Integration.
    * Onsite, Offsite and Offshore development capabilities, all within
       one project management organization.
    * Experience in all areas of SAP and complimentary applications
       as well as vast experience in business process engineering.
    * Custom application development.
    * Cost effective, fast, incredibly accurate solutions.

At SmartSoft we also understand the need to manage risk when investing in
technology solutions.  We have developed a one-of-a-kind staging and
demonstration system where "proof of concept" applications are created on
the actual platforms that you will be using.  See it before you buy it, now
that's Smart !  But that is just part of creating a unique company,
committed to creating value for our customers, keeping our promises, and
delivering exceptional technology solutions.

And people wonder why some of us think the consulting business stinks?
After a two-day introductory course they sell people as "senior"
consultants (I've even experiences a case where the senior had never used
the tool before). I wonder how many months of development work is needed to
become an "expert". This is not a criticism of you, Alan, but your company
doesn't mention employing people who are not already experts.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    <jomyjoseph at smarts
                    oftus.com>                To:     sap-wug at mit.edu
                    Sent by:                  cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    sap-wug-bounces at mi        Subject:     how to pass screen value to email
                    t.edu

                    29.04.2005 19:09
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

Hi friends,

I'm Alan. As I'm new to the world of workflow, I'm finding
it hard to fish a ticket assigned to me. The senario is like
this:

I have to design a screen which receives informations like
WBS, location,natwork,requested manager,start date etc.On
pressing start button the workflow should trigger and should
send an email with all the vaues entered in the screen.

can anyone tell me how to do this.As I'm not experienced
brief explanation will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Alan