BBPSC07 not working with custom task in UWL

Jiann-Nan Che CHE_JIANN-NAN at Lilly.com
Mon May 2 11:20:52 EDT 2005

I certainly hope that it is not hardcoded.  Being new to Portal and UWL I
am still struggling to figure out what's happening behind the scene, ie.,
what's determining how the work item is executed.

I found an UWL Administration configuration for EBP to launch MiniApp for
those standard tasks delivered by SAP.  But I did not see configuration of
the custom standard tasks we have created.  I will try to add the
configuration for my custom task to launch the same MiniApp and see if it
works.  I will post my finding here.  If anyone knows more on this topic
please also help.

Below shows the UWL configuration for the standard task in XML format.

    <ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS10008069.EBP"
connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="webflowView"
defaultAction="launchSAPAction" executionMode="pessimistic">
      <ItemTypeCriteria systemId="EBP" externalType="TS10008069"
connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
      <Actions>
        <Action name="launchSAPAction" groupAction="no"
handler="SAPMiniAppLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes"
launchInNewWindow="no">
          <Properties>
            <Property name="Template" value="TS_TS10008069H"/>
            <Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>
          </Properties>
          <Descriptions default=""/>
        </Action>
      </Actions>
    </ItemType>
    <ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS10008126.EBP"
connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="webflowView"
defaultAction="launchSAPAction" executionMode="pessimistic">
      <ItemTypeCriteria systemId="EBP" externalType="TS10008126"
connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
      <Actions>
        <Action name="launchSAPAction" groupAction="no"
handler="SAPMiniAppLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes"
launchInNewWindow="no">
          <Properties>
            <Property name="Template" value="TS_TS10008069H"/>
            <Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>
          </Properties>
          <Descriptions default=""/>
        </Action>
      </Actions>
    </ItemType>

Jiann-nan (Daniel) Che
Interface Team
317-651-3952

Kjetil Kilhavn <kjetilk at statoil.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/02/2005 12:36 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: BBPSC07 not working with custom task in UWL

I don't like even suggesting this since hard-coding is not a Good Thing
(tm).

One possibility is that somewhere in the code (method or web transaction)
there is a check to see if it is the standard task that makes the call.
Such a check could be hard-coded to TS10008069 - but that is not
necessarily the case. It could also e.g. look up some configuration table
to determine what to do based on the calling task.

Good luck in your debugging/code study.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Jiann-Nan Che
                    <CHE_JIANN-NAN@        To:     "SAP Workflow Users'
Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                    Lilly.com>             cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)

                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: BBPSC07 not
working with custom task in UWL
                    sap-wug-bounces
                    @mit.edu

                    29.04.2005
                    17:56
                    Please respond
                    to "SAP
                    Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hi Kjitel,

Thanks for the comment.  We copied the task to a custom task without
changing anything.  The method is still FORM-HTMLPROCEESS.  The web
transaction is still BBPSC07.  The container elements are also the same.
And it is also set as general task.  We have compared our custom task to
TS10008069 inside out and there is no difference.

We have managed to turn on the debug mode in the portal.  Below are some
differences when executing the TS10008069 task and the custom task.

For the standard task 10008069:
- It's calling MiniApp TS_TS10008069H
- The code link is com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.MiniApp
- The iView name is UWL Launch Mini App

For the custom task
- It's calling transaction SWK1
- The code link is com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.Transaction
- The iView name is UWL Launch SAP Transaction

Any one has any clue why they have these different behaviors?

Regards,
Jiann-nan (Daniel) Che
Interface Team
317-651-3952

 Kjetil Kilhavn
 <kjetilk at statoil.com>
 Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu                                       To

                                            "SAP Workflow Users' Group"
                                            <sap-wug at mit.edu>
 04/29/2005 02:23 AM                                                    cc

                                            che_jiann-nan at lilly.com
                                                                   Subject

          Please respond to                 Re: BBPSC07 not working with
     "SAP Workflow Users' Group"            custom task in UWL
          <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Not that I can help you, but you can be a bit more helpful to help
yourself.
For instance, you can tell everyone:
* what changes you have made in your custom task
* what you found out when you debugged the transaction
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                   Jiann-Nan Che

                   <CHE_JIANN-NAN@        To:     "SAP Workflow Users'
Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                   Lilly.com>             cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)

                   Sent by:               Subject:     BBPSC07 not working
with custom task in UWL
                   sap-wug-bounces

                   @mit.edu

                   28.04.2005

                   18:04

                   Please respond

                   to "SAP
                   Workflow Users'

                   Group"

Hi,

We have implemented a custom task copied from the standard task TS10008069
with the same web transaction BBPSC07 in an EBP 5.0 environment.  When the
user clicks on the work item of the custom task in the UWL inbox
(Enterprise Potal 6.0), an ugly BBPSC07 transaction screen is displayed in
SAPGUI format.  No shopping cart data is displayed in the screen.  It
works
fine when user opens the work item of the standard task TS10008069 from a
shopping cart in the same UWL inbox.

We are in a Potal 6.0, ITS 6.40, WebAS 6.40, and EBP 5.0 environment.  Any
help will be very appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of
the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete
this message.
Thank you.