Question about substitution profiles

David Weston weston at clockwork.ca
Tue Mar 22 15:53:31 EST 2005

Hi folks,

I have a question about substitutes and substitute profiles.

Is it possible for a user to be linked to multiple substitution profiles and
their associated workflow tasks ? This could be based on user or position based
substitutions. When I try to maintain substitutes it looks like only one
profile can be used.

An example follows:

Bid workflow to Bid substitute profile
Budget workflow to Budget substitute profile
PReq workflow to PReq substitute profile

And then I can create my substitutes as follows:

User 1 with Bid substitute profile
User 2 with Budget substitute profile
User 1 also with PReq substitute profile.

Has anyone tried to achieve this type of substitution functionality ? If so how
did you achieve it. Has anyone done this via HR infotypes and positions ?

Any guidance or feedback would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Dave