PO/PR Release Strategy

Claude Bourque claude_bourque at hc-sc.gc.ca
Tue Mar 22 09:45:10 EST 2005

Greetings to all,

We're about to go live with PO and PR release workflows and the following
issue is still unresolved.

CATT user id's and a few similar user id's trigger workflow although they
create PO and PR's in background. We are filtering the users with a
condition on the workflow so it doesn't start. However, the customer would
like PO's and PR's created with in the background to NOT be "subject to
release strategy".

In the MM config (CT04), character-based characteristics don't allow ranges
like values do (user <> CATTUSER vs. value >= 5,000). We could list the
users allowed but there are only 5 user id's that we want to exclude. The
only solution seems to be to enter the 1000 user id's that are included.

Has anybody come across this or anything similar? Is a user exit our only
solution? If so, should we use sy-batch or something similar since the list
of users could change in the future (4 users needed to be excluded and now
it's 5... all background)?

Thanks.

4.7 ext 2.0
Claude Bourque
HR Consultant - Salary Management Team, FIRMS
Financial Information and Accounting Services Division
Departmental Planning and Financial Administration Directorate
Corporate Services Branch,  HEALTH CANADA