Event queue: Events per read access

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Mar 21 11:48:49 EST 2005

Hi Kjetil,
My rather unscientific answer is "it depends".
There's all the other stuff you can adjust about servers groups, load balancing
etc. You could even run a dedicated WF server :-) Also depends on the types of
flows and what they do.

If the processing takes longer than a minute, the jobs can overlap. I have had
some fun with this on a 4.6something system, they get confused and can end up
delivering the same event twice. SM37 is your friend here, my best guess is the
maximum that keeps the queue job's runtime below a safe 30 seconds. However if
it's all heavy dialog processing you may end up hogging all available dialog
sessions, so watch out for that as well. 0.5 WPS sounds a reasonable starting
point.

Cheers
Mike