Fw: Deleting work items in production

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Wed Mar 16 12:22:36 EST 2005

Hello again,
perfect !
If you don't want to open up these functions for the end-users, you could
ask them to forward those wi:s which are not set to status Complete
automatically to, let's say, the wf-administrator or the dummy user (as
you suggested below in your original mail).
The wf-administrator or dummy user then sets the status to Log.deleted.
You'll then have the complete processing tracked (incl "processed by",
"forwarded by", "completed by" aso) in the wi history - which will not be
the case if your wf-administrator or dummy user runs RSWWWIDE.

To solve the problem regarding TS30001128/1117 wi:s processed and
completed by the end-user, however the status are not automatically
changed to Complete, maybe the OSS note 352927 (check function
ARCHIV_WORKFLOW_ASSIGN might be missing for the event linkage definition
for IMAGE ASSIGNED in trans. SWETYPV)

Regards
Viveka

Qiru w <qiruw at yahoo.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2005-03-16 18:09
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Fw: Deleting work items in production

Hi, Viveka,

   I checked the authorization. Yes there is an object - S_WF_WI workflow:
work item handling option to choose for each different menu option. Now, I
have the option to 'delete logically' and 'complete manually', which is
much better solution than delete the work item through reports.

Thanks for your help,
Cindy

viveka.schwartz at implema.se wrote:

Hello again,
check your authorizations when you are located on the technical work item
display screen ( /OSU53).
Which release are you on ?

//Viveka

----- Forwarded by Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB on 2005-03-16 16:28 -----
Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB
2005-03-16 16:15

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Fw: Deleting work items in productionLink

Hello Cindy,
I've never heard of this problem in the technical work item display screen
for wi:s with status Ready or In Process.
Could you please publish a screen shot of how the technical work item
display screen looks like. Perhaps it's an authorization problem.

Regards
Viveka

Qiru w <qiruw at yahoo.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2005-03-16 16:03

Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Fw: Deleting work items in production

Hi, Viveka,

You are right! This is a more reasonable solution for my problem. I
thought that before, however, a bunch of choices under 'Edit' for the
detail work item such as 'delete logically', 'complete manually' are
greyed out from the menu. Also the 'set to done' option on the inbox. Is
there something I need to setup to make the option available?

Thank you very much,
Cindy

viveka.schwartz at implema.se wrote:

In case you want to track the logically deleted wi:s in the future for
some reason, you can find them via SWI1 and by entering the task IDs and
status Logically Deleted (Cancelled).
As the status says; the wi:s are not physically deleted - they still
remain in the wi:s tables but with status Log.Deleted.

//Viveka

----- Forwarded by Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB on 2005-03-16 07:35 -----
Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB
2005-03-16 07:35

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Deleting work items in production Link

Hello Cindy,

since you mention that the tasks concerned  are the  TS30001128 &
TS30001117 (Enter document for document type & Assign document for
document type) I would suggest you just set the status to Delete Logically
via the work item detail screen (=> Edit => Change and then press the
button Delete Logically) to get rid of those wi:s  from the users inboxes
-  Unless you don't really want to reenter or reassign the images which I
understand you don't  want.  Archiving makes no sence in this specific
scenario since it only has to do with assigning/entering images stored in
the document archive to a business document.

Regards
Viveka

"Serge Boulay" <serge.boulay at n-spro.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2005-03-15 21:36

Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Deleting work items in production

Hi,
You could try transaction SWPC - Continue Workflow After System Crash... I
never tried it but if you look at the program help that one of the reason
it was created for.
Serge

> Mike,
>

> Thank for your reply.
>

> We have a few probably around 10 or more work items sitting in user?s
> inbox. These are work items left from the beginning of using this WF,
> caused by operation error.
>
> Also once in a while, even though the user has processed the workflow,
> the item still stays in the inbox. This WF is one-step task (30001128
> &30001117). User cannot set the WF to done. This option is greyed out.
> In other words, there is no way that we can change the WF status to be
> completed or cancelled. This item will not disappear from the work item
> list, as it should be.
>
> Besides the deletion option, is there any other way to clear up this?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Cindy
>

> Michael Pokraka wrote:Hi Cindy,
> &! gt; It is not only the risk that you need to consider, this may have
serious
> audit
> implications.
>
> Perhaps you can tell us why this is an 'immediate requirement'?
>
> Cheers
> Mike
>

> --- Qiru w wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all,
>>

>> We have an issue regaaarding deletion of unwanted work items in
production
>> system. According to SAP's recommendation, archive is the best
approach.
>> However, the problem is that we are not planning to implement archiving

>> functionality in the near future, but production has this immediate
>> requirement.
>>
>> Alternatively, SAP provide two reports SWWWIDE and SWWHIDE to delete
>> work
>> item in development/testing environment, which will delete work items
>> permanently and directly. However, SAP emphasizes on the risk of! usi!
ng
>> these
>> reports and only suggests using it in non-production system.
>>

>> Can these two reports act as practical solution to eliminate work items

>> in
>> production?
>>
>> Does anyone actually use this in production?
>>
>> How to use it up to make it secure and reduce the risk of mistakenly
>> using
>> the program? I am planning to use a dummy user who will get those work
>> items
>> need to be deleted and set the running variant and authorization to
this
>> user
>> only.
>>

>> Any suggestion is appreciated.