Deleting work items in production

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Wed Mar 16 01:35:19 EST 2005

Hello Cindy,

since you mention that the tasks concerned  are the  TS30001128 &
TS30001117 (Enter document for document type & Assign document for
document type) I would suggest you just set the status to Delete Logically
via the work item detail screen (=> Edit => Change and then press the
button Delete Logically) to get rid of those wi:s  from the users inboxes
-  Unless you don't really want to reenter or reassign the images which I
understand you don't  want.  Archiving makes no sence in this specific
scenario since it only has to do with assigning/entering images stored in
the document archive to a business document.

Regards
Viveka

"Serge Boulay" <serge.boulay at n-spro.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2005-03-15 21:36
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Deleting work items in production

Hi,
You could try transaction SWPC - Continue Workflow After System Crash... I
never tried it but if you look at the program help that one of the reason
it was created for.
Serge

> Mike,
>

> Thank for your reply.
>

> We have a few probably around 10 or more work items sitting in user?s
> inbox. These are work items left from the beginning of using this WF,
> caused by operation error.
>
> Also once in a while, even though the user has processed the workflow,
> the item still stays in the inbox. This WF is one-step task (30001128
> &30001117). User cannot set the WF to done. This option is greyed out.
> In other words, there is no way that we can change the WF status to be
> completed or cancelled. This item will not disappear from the work item
> list, as it should be.
>
> Besides the deletion option, is there any other way to clear up this?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Cindy
>

> Michael Pokraka wrote:Hi Cindy,
>
> It is not only the risk that you need to consider, this may have serious

> audit
> implications.
>
> Perhaps you can tell us why this is an 'immediate requirement'?
>
> Cheers
> Mike
>

> --- Qiru w wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all,
>>

>> We have an issue regarding deletion of unwanted work items in
production
>> system. According to SAP's recommendation, archive is the best
approach.
>> However, the problem is that we are not planning to implement archiving

>> functionality in the near future, but production has this immediate
>> requirement.
>>
>> Alternatively, SAP provide two reports SWWWIDE and SWWHIDE to delete
>> work
>> item in development/testing environment, which will delete work items
>> permanently and directly. However, SAP emphasizes on the risk of using
>> these
>> reports and only suggests using it in non-production system.
>>

>> Can these two reports act as practical solution to eliminate work items

>> in
>> production?
>>
>> Does anyone actually use this in production?
>>
>> How to use it up to make it secure and reduce the risk of mistakenly
>> using
>> the program? I am planning to use a dummy user who will get those work
>> items
>> need to be deleted and set the running variant and authorization to
this
>> user
>> only.
>>

>> Any suggestion is appreciated.