Initiators that leave

Claude Bourque claude_bourque at hc-sc.gc.ca
Mon Jun 20 11:07:52 EDT 2005

Greetings,

We have an annoying issue here that since there is such a high turnover for
data entry staff sometimes the person entering the PO/PR is no longer there
by the time it's approved (released). When Workflow tries to email to say
that the PO/PR has been created, we get an error message saying that the
user no longer exists.

How do most of you handle this in other workflows? Right now, the WF admin
intercepts these and informs the appropriate individual. It's only 2-3
messages/month but the business side wants a solution. I say we leave it
like that. I don't want to change the workflow to check is the user id is
still valid/

Thanks.

Claude
Health Canada