Reorganization of Inbox - questions 4.6c

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Thu Jun 16 11:50:26 EDT 2005

I created an SAP note for problems with SO16.
I can' t believe I am the only one who has this issue.

In SO16, I set the dates and Reorg Daily.
I have an expiry date on my messages I create but no one
else in the entire company has this value set. Annoying!

SOY9 - What is the point of moving messages from a folder called Inbox
to a
private folder called INBOX? What does it do and what is gained?

If the Daily Reorg worked, what is it actually doing? Flagging messages
for delete or
actually deleting from the DB and retrieving that space.

SO30 - Reorg. What does this one do? Flag for delete or actually delete
the records?

I read all the help files nothing is clear...

What do other companies do to manage Inbox / message counts?

Thanks!

==============================
I have Presetting: Document expiration set to 90 days,
Expiration of docs in outbox set to 90 days, and Daily Reorg checked
via SO16.

>From my understanding, this should delete any unread docs in all users
inboxes
and docs in the outbox after this 90 mark. Daily.

It is not working as I expect! I have docs in users inboxes since 2003.

Well past the 90 day setting.

This is what I want.
If any docs are in the inboxes un-read longer than 90 days. Delete.
If any docs are in the outbox after 90 days. Delete.
Delete trash after 90 days.
If users open items and move to private folders. Leave them alone.

Trying to do some clean up but not really sure what I need to do.
What exactly is SOY9 do and why do I need to run this when I have Daily
Reorg checked?

Thanks!