Send Work Items to MS Outlook with an attachment

Paez, Laura Laura.Paez at valero.com
Thu Jan 27 18:42:33 EST 2005

Hi All!
This may not be all WF related but we are trying to have the Approvers of Purchase requisitions know that they have a work item in their inbox awaiting for them to be approved. We try to accomplish this by sending a screen-shot of a customized report that lists some header data and the line items description and amount.

So these are my specific questions:
1. Do you know of a way to submit a report and attach the output to an email message? (We want them to see the Purchase requisition screen-shot).
2. What function(s), method(s) send the message directly to Outlook. (Avoiding using So36 to turn automatic forwarding on).

We need to do it by document not by item, this is the reason we don't set a send mail step in the WF.

Any information/ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Laura Páez
210.345 2513