Events published by Change Documents

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Thu Jan 20 06:31:57 EST 2005

I don't know if this is possible but you said you would "appreciate any
thoughts", so ...

If you register the "other" event as a terminating event of the workflows
only the latest one will be kept alive.

If that is a problem (because you'd lose attachments etc from the first
workflow) you should probably create a check function. The check function
can easily look for existing active workflows for the other object using
function SWW_WI_TO_OBJECT_FIND.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Cheung, Carmen"
                    <Carmen.Cheung at bhpbil        To:     "'SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU'" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
                    liton.com>                   cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Events published by Change Documents
                    sap-wug-bounces at mit.e
                    du

                    20.01.2005 03:47
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Question:

Is it possible to have a single change document object for requisitions
that can be configured to publish a workflow event when there is a change
to both line item data (eg. purchasing group EBAN-EKGFP) and service data
(eg. quantity ESLL-MENGE)?

Scenario:

We want to trigger a single workflow whenever any data on a purchase
requisition changes.  Presently, if we change the purchasing group we get a
change document for change document object BANF, and if we change the
service quantity we get another change document for change document object
MM_SERVICE.  We can configure an event to be published for each change
document object using transaction SWEC, but under this scenario we would
have two events, and thus two workflows!  We only require one event for any
or all changes to a requisition during a logical unit of work.

We'd appreicate any thoughts on this query.

Thanks.

Carmen

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that
is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this message in error and that any
dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly
forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and
SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu