Settings for SWWERRE - monitoring of work items with errors

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Thu Jan 20 06:10:06 EST 2005

Yeah, yeah. I know about the benefits of training and everything. Not that
I would mind travelling to our offices in Nigeria, Algeria, Iran, China,
Brazil, Venezuela and others to hold the classes while it is snowing here.
Denmark, Sweden, Kazakhstan, Russia and other countries could wait until
the summer. But it is a hopeless case with around 20 thousand users and new
ones coming in every day. So whenever we can find and implement a technical
solution it gives more value for money.

Anyway, my main interest was to hear what values other people have in their
systems. If you prefer to keep it to the defaults, would you mind telling
me what the defaults are? I can't remember if I have changed the setting or
not :-) Besides, people may have changed it before I started working here.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Michael
                    Pokraka              To:     "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                    <workflow at qui        cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    rky.me.uk>           Subject:     Re: Settings for SWWERRE - monitoring of work items with errors
                    Sent by:
                    sap-wug-bounc
                    es at mit.edu

                    20.01.2005
                    11:25
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

I don't see any issues. Depends on how long the business can wait for the
most
critical item that may go into a temporary error. If you have a WF with a
2h
deadline after a background step which can go into temp error then you
might
want to consider hiring another workflow administrator instead :-)

I would see a high amount of these indicative of a possible process issue?
Why
are they doing so when something else is happening? Training issue - tell
them
to wait for their notification (add it into the WF if necessary)... blah
blah
blah, you know what I'm getting at.
Personally I prefer to keep it at the defaults, as sometimes you want
errors to
happen so the WF admin becomes aware of any 'process issues'.

Just my opinions,
Cheers

--- Kjetil Kilhavn <kjetilk at statoil.com> wrote:

> It would be interesting to hear what settings others use/recommend for
the
> monitoring/re-execution of background work items with errors.
>
> We currently have 20 minute intervals and 3 retries, but recently there
> have been many cases of work items not executing so I am wondering if it
> would be wise to increase the number of retries and/or use a longer
> interval.
> --
> Kjetil Kilhavn

this message.