Fork condition

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed Jan 19 04:06:26 EST 2005

Your question was a bit muddy, so Karen's comment may well be the most
applicable here.

If one of the tasks should _always_ be executed and the second task only if
certain values result from that first task you don't want to fork them, you
want a multiple-condition (or just simple condition) step. After the first
task has been executed you check the container value and determine which
path to travel.

If both fork branches should _always_ be executed you set it up with 2
branches required, otherwise with 1.

If indeed you want a fork (both tasks active simultaneously) you can solve
this either by using three flag variables and looping. It get's a bit ugly,
but I think the alternative is to copy the tasks which isn't nice either.
The three flags are of course initial at first.
flag 1: task1_done
flag 2: task2_done
flag 3: we_are_done

Set up your flow as follows.
First you set up a loop which loops until we_are_done is not initial
Inside the loop your fork with two branches and one required is set up. In
each branch you set up a condition. You check whether taskX_done is initial
or not. If it is not initial you go to a branch with a step waiting for
some terminating event. Otherwise you continue and your tasks are sent to
their agents. When the task is executed you set the corresponding flag in a
container operation step, and after the fork ends you set up your
conditions to find out if you need another loop.
If task1_done is not initial and task2_done is not initial you go to a
branch with a container operation and set we_are_done = X
In the other branch you set up another condition check to determine if
we_are_done = X should be set.
And so on.

I said it was going to get ugly......
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Weaver, Karen"
                    <Karen.Weaver at Sono        To:     "'SAP Workflow Users' Group'" <sap-wug at mit.edu>, "Weaver, Karen"
                    press.com>                <Karen.Weaver at Sonopress.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    sap-wug-bounces at mi        Subject:     RE: Fork condition
                    t.edu

                    18.01.2005 19:25
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

Are you sure that you want to use a fork?  If you use 2 forks, they will
run simultaneously.