Forwarding work items and possible agents

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jan 18 21:15:43 EST 2005

I didn't forwarded via SWIA; I logged on as an user and forwarded from
there.

I get a pop up message saying: "The selected agent US MXTEST05 is not a
'possible agent' in a workflow sense. Forward anyway?"

The user is not a possible agent of this task. When I check the workflow
log, he is not in the possible agent list; after the forward he is the
agent, but still not a possible agent.

Very puzzled and I am sure it is something simple that for some reason I
can't see!

Thanks - any other ideas are welcomed!

Cheers

Cristiana

Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
19/01/2005 01:04 PM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group"

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Forwarding work items and possible agents

Cristiana,

Well, in theory at least, the user MUST be a possible agent, or they
wouldn't be able to execute the workitem (but they could view it).

I don't know.... I would guess that either the task has the attribute
'General Task' set, or the user has been assigned (perhaps indirectly)
the 'possible agents' role that you specified.

Out of curiousity, what was the text of the warning message that popped up
when you forwarded it? Did you forward it from your inbox,
or did you do an 'Administrator Forward' from SWIA??

cheers,
Paul

                      "Cristiana D'Agosto"
                      <cristiana.dagosto at a        To:       "SAP Workflow
Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                      u1.ibm.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  Re: Forwarding
work items and possible agents
                      sap-wug-bounces at mit.
                      edu

                      19/01/2005 11:30
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow Users'
                      Group"

Hi Paul,

I understand that ideally the 'General Forwarding Not Allowed' should be
set.

But I don't understand why the user was able to execute the work item if
he
was not a possible agent??

Any other ideas?

Regards

Cristiana

 Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.go
 v.au
 Sent by:                                                               To

 sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu                  "SAP Workflow Users' Group"
                                          <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                                                                        cc

 19/01/2005 10:38 AM
                                                                   Subject

                                          Re: Forwarding work items and
        Please respond to                 possible agents
   "SAP Workflow Users' Group"

Cristiana,

Is the 'General Forwarding Not Allowed' attribute set on your task?

If it is set, you should only be able to forward to a possible agent (who
hasn't been excluded by the workflow).

hope this helps,
Paul
(Brisbane)

                     "Cristiana D'Agosto"

                     <cristiana.dagosto at a        To:       sap-wug at mit.edu

                     u1.ibm.com>                 cc:

                     Sent by:                    Subject:  Forwarding work
items and possible agents
                     sap-wug-bounces at mit.

                     edu

                     19/01/2005 08:41

                     Please respond to

                     "SAP Workflow Users'

                     Group"

G'day,

we are in version 4.7

If a work item is forwarded to an user that is NOT a possible agent, a
message is displayed but you can still forward it.

In my scenario I'm using one security role assigned to the task to
determine the possible agents.

In my testing, the user that I forwarded the work item to is NOT a
possible
agent. I accepted to forward the work item anyway; log on as the user and
could execute the work item?

I thought that if the user is not a possible agent of the work item,
he/she
cannot execute it?

It seems rather a silly question but I am puzzled. I must have missed
something, but what?

Much thanks and regards,

Cristiana

Cristiana d'Agosto