to repair or not to repair

Verschuijl, Tan Tan.Verschuijl at pmintl.com
Wed Feb 2 08:04:08 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I just subscribed to this mailing list and tried to find information within
the archive but was not succesful (yet).

I am unsure when to make a copy from a workflow and/or task.
The SAP workflow book (Practical workflow for SAP) encourages the reader to
use and modify standard SAP workflows. It does not mention to which extend a
Standard SAP workflow should be changed. As a developer I prefer to make a
copy. Are there any reasons to repair (change agent assigment rule,
bindings) a standard SAP task/workflow? If a make a copy the functional
consultant will probably not see the workflow in use anymore via SPRO?

If one changes a workflow (and the repair flag is set in object attributes)
how does one find out that SAP made an improvement on an existing
workflow/task? Is version 000 automatically overwritten by SAP?

Best regards,
Stan.