SRM 4.0 Item-Based Approval Levels Limited to 3?

Seko, Ryan rseko at seattleschools.org
Fri Dec 16 13:49:23 EST 2005

I've been reviewing the functionality of the item-based approval for
shopping carts and a couple of things aren't clear to me:

1.  I noticed that the ITEM_APPROVAL_OBJ parameter (Assignment of
Approval Objects to Approval Criteria) for badi BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI only
allows for 3 criteria.  So unlike the n-level workflow, is the
item-based workflow limited to only 3 levels or am I missing something?

2.  At the end of the IMG documentation for the badi it states, "Note
that there must be absolutely no gaps in the approval steps and that
approvers must be defined for every step."  This seems contradictory to
some of the other documentation I've been reading.  In my scenario, all
items would require an approval at the first level, but for the second
and third levels only some or possibly none of the items may require an
approval.  So in a case where only a first level and third level
approval is required, the item-based workflow won't work?

Thanks for your help,
Ryan