Strange Deadline Problems

Mike.Nickson@bhint.com Mike.Nickson at bhint.com
Thu Dec 8 07:13:01 EST 2005

Sue

Thanks for the response, but this is not the case here as the SWWWDHEX job
has continued to run as scheduled.

Mike

"Susan R. Keohan" <keohan at ll.mit.edu>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
07/12/2005 21:50
Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group"

        To:     "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Strange Deadline Problems

Mike,

Check how RSWWDHEX was running.  We had an issue where the job stopped
resubmitting itself due to
system contraints.  Then it did not run for several months... When we
realized that RSWWDHEX was not
running, we kicked it off (NOTE TO ALL< YOU PROBABLY DON"T WANT TO DO
THIS).  All the deadline
messages that had been waiting in the queue got sent.

There is an OSS Note to get around this kind of scheduling conflict, but I
forget the #.

Cheers
Sue

Mike.Nickson at bhint.com wrote:

> We are suddenly experiencing strange deadline problems here where
> deadlines are being invoked for workflows that have completed.
>
> In our leave request workflow, we generate an email reminder if the
> employee's line manager has not actioned the workitem within 5 days, and

> if unactioned after 15 days then we generate a second email.
>
> We have instances of a leave request workflow that has been authorised
> and the workflow has completed within the 5 days without any deadlines
> being invoked.
>
> Inexplicably the deadline emails (both 5 and 15 days) were generated
> last night . . . . even though the workflow completed on the 14th
> November !
>
> I see that there is an entry in SWWWIDEADL for the workitem, and
> presumably it is this that is being picked up by RSWWDHEX.
>
> I would expect that the SWWWIDEADL entry for a workitem would be removed

> when a workflow completes, but this does not seem to be the case.
>
> Any one experienced this type of phenomena before ?
>
> Yours Confusedly.
>
> Mike
>
> SAP HR version 4.70 level 43

Susan R. Keohan