Executing URL from work item

Hill, Anna anna.hill at sap.com
Thu Dec 1 10:02:46 EST 2005

Hello WUGers

I have a problem here which is slowly driving me insane so I'm hoping
someone else has also experienced this and can help.... I've searched
the archives but haven't managed to find anything (although I recall
similar things have been posted?). Anyway...

I'm including a URL to call a BSP in the task description of my work
item but when this is called, somewhere along the way, some extra
characters are added to the string and the BSP is not called correctly.
I'm splitting my url container into 2 components, url1 and url2 (this
worked perfectly when my url's were a bit shorter) and calling them as
follows (using a SAPscript comment line /*):

<A HREF ="&URL1&&URL2&" TARGET="_blank"> Display Form </A>

Say url1 = https://ipd.wdf.sap.corp/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zbsp_shs_c_fine/

And url2 = 123456789ABCDEFGHIJK

When the link is executed, the url ends up as

https://ipd.wdf.sap.corp/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zbsp_shs_c_fine/123456789%20%20<
/&/>ABCDEFGHIJK

where %20%20</&/> has been added due to a truncation. If display the
work item (technical view), I can see:

<A HREF ="

HTTPS://IPD.WDF.SAP.CORP/SAP/BC/BSP/SAP/ZBSP_SHS_C_FINE/12345

6789AB

CDEFGHIJK" TARGET="_blank"> Display Fine

So the problem is occurring between B and C (note NOT between the end of
url1 and the beginning of url2), so I think it's something to do with
the lengths of how the string is stored in the work item at run time, as
when the BSP is being called, it's filling what it sees as gaps with
%20%20 etc.

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Many thanks

Anna Hill
SAP Netweaver Technology

SAP (UK) Ltd