A Question about Event Creation Using Message Control

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Thu Aug 4 17:53:10 EDT 2005

Hi David,
An event is something that happens and should semantically match the
process. So there is no point in having CREATED and ZCREATED because
they mean the same thing...

Other than maintenance, there are no technical issues of going down
either route. Do you need to distinguish between the two? Is it a
different workflow? I've done both, I try to keep things together for
better visibility and ease of maintenance, unless there are specific
reasons to separate them (perhaps they're maintained by different
departments?). If your business processes are that vastly different it
may make sense to have ZCREATED_EU and ZCREATED_NONEU.

My conclusion: it depends......  :-)

Cheers
Mike