A Question about Event Creation Using Message Control

David Holland mggq59 at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Aug 4 16:12:18 EDT 2005

Hi Workflowers
I currently have two message types configured in our system through V/40 (e.g. ZWF1 and ZWF2).

I have a requirement to trigger a workflow based on Sales Org and the Bill To party e.g. for object VBRK

Currently ZWF2 has config. for VBRK event Created (a custom created event for another workflow triggered through message types).

I am proposing to create a new event on VBRK called 'ZCREATED' and create a new output type e.g. ZWF3 and enter the config. in VV31 for Sales org./Bill to. for VBRK.ZCREATED

My question is, are there any general standards as to what should be done here ?
i.e. Should I create a new Output Type or use and existing one and enter the config. in VV31 for Sales org./Bill to

Should I be creating a new event on VBRK or using an existing event e.g. VBRK.CREATED ?

Many Thanks
Dave