Event activation in Production environments

Michael Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Mon Apr 18 08:44:06 EDT 2005

Hi Jim,
Yes, it is a normal situation.  No, I dont' always like it either.

But it makes sense: if you disable the linkage, all events are lost. If they
error, at least you have the error log to fall back on to recover any missing
data.
What really DOES annoy me is that I cannot reset a 'linkage in error', making
'Mark linkages as error' settig completely useless.

For your requirement - the eventuality that a transport might mung a flow - the
event queue does a nice job of capturing all failed events. Thus you can send a
correction transport and then retrigger all failed flows.

If you have a specific requirement to manually switch them on & off for a
particular flow, I'd suggest a start condition that is under your control.

Cheers
Mike