Misleading Message in SWEL when exception in Z-check func. module

Thomas Lambrecht Thomas.Lambrecht at r5.com
Mon Apr 18 05:37:50 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've created a check function module raising my own exception, however in SWEL, I get message OL356 (Element DIVISION is not available in the container) which I cannot see is related to my own exception.
In SWETYPV I have assigned this check function module to KNA1.CREATED which is active.
(fyi: ZKNA1 exist as subtype of KNA1 and I have created delegation - don't know if that should change things...)

I am testing using SWUE.

My coding so far (more will be added ;-)

FUNCTION Z_SWE_START_CUST_WF_CHECK.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Local interface:
*"  IMPORTING
*"     VALUE(OBJTYPE) LIKE  SWETYPECOU-OBJTYPE
*"     VALUE(OBJKEY) LIKE  SWEINSTCOU-OBJKEY
*"     VALUE(EVENT) LIKE  SWETYPECOU-EVENT
*"     VALUE(RECTYPE) LIKE  SWETYPECOU-RECTYPE
*"  TABLES
*"      EVENT_CONTAINER STRUCTURE  SWCONT
*"  EXCEPTIONS
*"      OMIT_WORKFLOW_START
*"      NO_RECTYPE
  break conthl.
  if sy-uname = 'CONTHL'.
    raise OMIT_WORKFLOW_START.
  endif.
ENDFUNCTION.

Does a certain naming convention for check func. module exist, so that I may only have exceptions of certain names?

My exception seems to be working, but I would like the message in SWEL to reflect something that relates to why I triggered the exception, and not this "random" message OL356...

Best regards,

Thomas