Custom Attributes in UWL

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Fri Apr 15 16:12:19 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I am having a problem having custom attributes show up in the UWL. We are on EP 6.0 SP 2.

I have created some custom attributes following the example in the configuration guide as best I can. As I read it, just by defining them in the Item Type, the custom attributes should be displayed in the detail view of the work item. However this does not happen.  I then tried creating a custom view using one of the attributes. After uploading the config, verifying the change to the system config file, clearing the cache, and restarting the portal, still my changes don't show - the attributes aren't in the detail view, and my custom view is not available to the user that has those item types in their inbox.

I guess there is something wrong in my code; any suggestions? Here is my Item Type xml code (we'll forget the View for now):

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.SAP_RCF_TS90507920" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="webflowView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="pessimistic">
<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_RCF" externalType="TS90507920" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
<CustomAttributes>
	<CustomAttributeSource id="ABAP_BOR" objectIdHolder="externalObjectId" objectType="BUS1006" cacheValidity="final">
	<Attribute name="DESCRIPTION" displayName="BP Description"></Attribute>
	<Attribute name="CATEGORY" displayName="BP Category"></Attribute>
	<Attribute name="AUTHORIZATIONGROUP" displayName="AuthGroup"></Attribute>
	</CustomAttributeSource>
</CustomAttributes>
</ItemType>

Can any of you UWL experts see what is wrong with this that the attributes aren't showing in the detail view of the item?  Or is there something else I could be doing wrong?

For what it's worth, I noticed that when I upload the config that it changes the cacheValidity from cacheValidity="final" (which is what the example in the documentation shows) to cacheValidity="0".  Could this be the problem, and why is it doing that anyway?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated - my head is starting to look flat from banging it against the wall...

Margaret Hilsbos
(215) 299-5630