<Solution> Difference between workflow & sub-workflow ("No adm. found" )

markkuckuk@pcmc.com markkuckuk at pcmc.com
Fri Sep 24 10:25:18 EDT 2004

>From the "My Workflows & Tasks" folder at left, select "Include Workflow

Definition" from the context menu of the workflow you wish to copy from.
All of the flow logic & container elements will be created for you.

Of course, this method is good for entire copies or including one workflow
as a segment or leg of another workflow.

For  pure copies, I also use PFTC.

Mark

Mark Kuckuk
SAP-PLM Track Lead
Paper Converting Machine Company
Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
Ph: 920-491-6808
Email: markkuckuk at pcmc.com

             Robert vd Berg
             <robert.van.den.b
             erg at accenture.com                                          To
             >                         SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
             Sent by: SAP                                               cc
             Workflow
             <Owner-SAP-WUG at MI                                     Subject
             TVMA.MIT.EDU>             <Solution> Difference between
                                       workflow & sub-workflow ("No adm.
                                       found" )
             09/24/2004 08:55
             AM

             Please respond to
               SAP Workflow
               Users' Group
             <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.M
                  IT.EDU>

Well,

It has been a very interresting Friday..

I did: SWU_OBUF, SWU7, set myself as agent, set it as general task, set the
workflow as general task... and between every action several SWU_OBUF's..
Still nothing!!

So I looked at the menu.. and I see the option "Extras - Ad Hoc functions -
Enable adhoc agent assignment".
Tried that and it didn't work... BUT NOW the startevent is gone,
workflowcontainerelements are gone... doesn't work anymore.. Workflow
scruwed up...
And nowhere to find how to disable this adhoc option... So I copied the
workflow, copy also doesn't work...........

** Solution: **  I made a new blank workflow, copied the tasks from the old
workflow to the new workflow and the workflowcontainerelements from the old
to the new workflow.

Now the workflow works again AND the subworkflow works!! :-D

This is not the direct solution to the 'No admin found'-problem but it
solved my problems. Perhaps the problem was that I have set the workflow to
general task. Now it is not a general task and it works fine. Perhaps, if
you set the workflow to 'General' you must define an Administrator for the
workflow...

Workflow is a nice tool, when it works the way I want it.....

PS: HOW-TO copy the tasks and elements from one workflow to another?
The trick is to stay in 1 session! Copy the block, go out of the workflow
and enter the new workflow, and paste the block! (loop doesn't work, rest
of tasktypes works) This also works for containerlements!

Well, I am going to have a good weekend now this works..

Regards and good luck!
Robert