<Solution> Difference between workflow & sub-workflow ("No adm. found" )

Robert vd Berg robert.van.den.berg at accenture.com
Fri Sep 24 09:55:27 EDT 2004

Well,
=20
It has been a very interresting Friday..
=20
I did: SWU_OBUF, SWU7, set myself as agent, set it as general task, set =
the workflow as general task... and between every action several =
SWU_OBUF's.. Still nothing!!
=20
So I looked at the menu.. and I see the option "Extras - Ad Hoc =
functions - Enable adhoc agent assignment".
Tried that and it didn't work... BUT NOW the startevent is gone, =
workflowcontainerelements are gone... doesn't work anymore.. Workflow =
scruwed up...
And nowhere to find how to disable this adhoc option... So I copied the =
workflow, copy also doesn't work...........
=20
** Solution: **  I made a new blank workflow, copied the tasks from the =
old workflow to the new workflow and the workflowcontainerelements from =
the old to the new workflow.
=20
Now the workflow works again AND the subworkflow works!! :-D
=20
This is not the direct solution to the 'No admin found'-problem but it =
solved my problems. Perhaps the problem was that I have set the workflow =
to general task. Now it is not a general task and it works fine. =
Perhaps, if you set the workflow to 'General' you must define an =
Administrator for the workflow...
=20
Workflow is a nice tool, when it works the way I want it.....
=20
PS: HOW-TO copy the tasks and elements from one workflow to another?
The trick is to stay in 1 session! Copy the block, go out of the =
workflow and enter the new workflow, and paste the block! (loop doesn't =
work, rest of tasktypes works) This also works for containerlements!
=20
Well, I am going to have a good weekend now this works..
=20
Regards and good luck!
Robert
=20