Create a new workflow or edit another one?

Mark Pyc mark_pyc at gillette.com
Tue Sep 7 10:24:46 EDT 2004

G'day Ute,

I would definately recommend two separate Workflows. As you rightly poi=
nt
out it would require a fork at the very beginning. What advantage would=
 you
get from trying to squeeze it into the one flow? None. You can't really=
 use
generic object oriented concepts so you do need a task that is based on=
 the
correct object type each time.

By going for two flows, you can just copy the original and keep the sam=
process structure. You will then need to go through step by step replac=
ing
the tasks with ones that work on the new object.

You'll also need to have start conditions or check function modules to
ensure that you trigger the right workflow based on the event attribute=

'Object Type'.

Have fun,
Mark

                                                                       =

                      "Schr=F6der, Ute                                 =

                      Marion"                     To:      SAP-WUG at MITV=
MA.MIT.EDU
                      <UteMarion.Schroede         cc:                  =

                      r at REWE.de>                  Subject: Create a new=
 workflow or edit another one?
                      Sent by: SAP                                     =

                      Workflow                                         =

                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV                              =

                      MA.MIT.EDU>                                      =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

                      07 Sep 2004 15:12                                =

                      Please respond to                                =

                      SAP Workflow Users'                              =

                      Group                                            =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

Hi everybody,

I=B4m recognize once again,
how little experience I=B4ve got in this matter.

The situation is as follows:
I have a workflow for approval of an BUS2081 object,
raised via event barcode.assigned.
Now I=B4m requested to edit this workflow so that it is an approval
for both: BUS2081 objects as well as for BKPF-objects.

As the original workflow is already quite bad to handle due to its size=
,
is it more reasonable to create a new workflow for the same object,
or shall I edit the original Workflow?

If I decide to edit the original one,
I need to use a fork right at the beginning of the workflow,
is there a chance to include a variable number of steps into this fork,=

or do I have to cut and paste each step into the fork?

I know I=B4m working with basics right here,
but due to me being unable to find help in the book or archive,
I hope you don=B4t mind too much.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Thanx

=