Event of super-objecttype triggered instead of inherited obje ctty pe-event

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Oct 26 03:55:36 EDT 2004

Since there is delegation in place I thought the supertype event was wh=
at
should be expected, but I haven't really taken a look at this for some
time. The idea being that when you delegate the object looks just as it=
parent, except you have some additional features available. I don't thi=
nk
the behaviour has been the same for all versions, and you are ahead of =
us
46C-users.

I took the liberty of removing some noise (disclaimers).

Personal DISCLAIMER: if you are not the intented recipient of this mess=
age
I sent it to you in error. That is not your fault, so I can't really bl=
ame
you if you read it anyway. Please do not be mad at me for wasting your
time. On the other hand I neither accept any financial responsibility f=
or
the time you wasted reading a message for which you were not the intend=
ed
recipient.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+---------------------------------->
|        |          "Brilleman JOHANNES     |
|        |          (Hans)"                 |
|        |          <JOHANNES.Brilleman at petr|
|        |          osa.co.za>              |
|        |          Sent by: SAP Workflow   |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MI|
|        |          T.EDU>                  |
|        |                                  |
|        |                                  |
|        |          22.10.2004 11:12        |
|        |          Please respond to "SAP  |
|        |          Workflow Users' Group"  |
|        |                                  |
|--------+---------------------------------->
---------------------------------------|
  |                                                                    =
                                       |
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                               =
                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                =
                                       |
  |       Subject:     Re: Event of super-objecttype triggered instead =
of inherited obje ctty pe-event        |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
---------------------------------------|

Hi Ute,

I find it strange that your subtype did not pull the events from your
supertype across - this already flashes red lights. I suspect that when=
 you
created the subtype from the supertype ( using the 'Create subtype'
button), something went wrong. I would suggest to remove the delegation=
,
delete the subtype and create it again and to ensure that this time it =
did
copy all the charactiristics of the supertype before you generate and
delegate it. Hope this will work.

Regards,

Hans