Event queue configuration

Patrice Nolin Nolin.Patrice at hydro.qc.ca
Fri Oct 22 08:35:11 EDT 2004

Hi,

We have 2 problems with the event queue administration:

1. We are supposed to have batch jobs that will generate between 100000 and
600000 events (from 5-6 different events) by night depending of the time of
the year. Those events will be place in the event queue ("Linkage activated"
check box on those events in tx SWETYPV). Is there a formula or way to
determine the values of the "background job" tab, like "Number of events per
read access", of the SWEQADM tx?

2. Can we use a tool to analyse or customise that number? If you use it in
your company, how did you determine it?

3. Also, we have a workflow listening to the event emmacase.created. When
it's not sent in the event queue, it's working find and the wf executes
perfectly. When it's in the event queue, we can see in the log that the
batch job releases the event, but no WF is start. Anyone has a suggestion
why or what to do?

Thanks for your help

Pat