Calling Web program through Workflow

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Wed Oct 6 11:47:38 EDT 2004

The info is described in BIT603.

The idea is that the workflow is in your 46c system, the step to call =
the web service has some customising to tell it to use your WAS 620 =
workflow launch handler to launch the web page.  The 46c task is =
actually generated from your WAS 620 when you create your 'webflow =
service' - basically it ensures the parameter transfer is smooth from =
the container to the web page.

Of course, if you really needed some 620 workflow functionality you =
could do this using WF-XML starting a remote workflow in your 620 =
system from your 46c system. (Wf-XML is also covered in BIT603).

Thinking about your original question, if you have EP6 then your =
neatest design would probably be to use the Universal Worklist to =
handle the launching of web services - this essentially mimics the =
functionality of the workflow launch handler in the WAS. There are good =
examples for this and documentation in areas like MSS.

So many options ....

Cheers,

Mark