Calling Web program through Workflow

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Wed Oct 6 11:06:00 EDT 2004

If you have access to a WAS 620 in your landscape you can use the Workflow handler service to launch a web service - this technique would use the EXTSRV object.

Transactions on your WAS that you would need are: WF_HANDCUST and WF_EXTSRV as well as setting up the WSHANDLER service in SICF.  You would need your WAS 620 system to act as the handler server for your 46c 'client' system.

The customising to do this takes more explanation than I could do in a mail but is all covered in the course BIT603.

As you have EP 6 this sort of 'handler' functionality should also be possible with your UWL customising, again using the EXTSRV object on your 46c system.

Regards,

Mark

SAP UK