Problems with FIPP release via FlagReleaseSet

Mark Pyc markpyc at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 09:17:04 EST 2004

G'day Wugers,

Current Release: 46C support pack 47.

I have implemented a custom Parked Journal release Workflow.

The process works fine if the document is never marked as Complete or if it
is not changed once it is marked as Complete. However if the document is
marked as Complete and is then changed (hitting save without any data
changes is still considered a change) the method FIPP.FlagReleaseSet fails.
It fails to set the document as released but it doesn't raise an error. The
knock on effect is that the background post fails.

Drilling into the method a few levels shows that there is a check ensuring
the update time stamp (VBKPF-UPDDT/UPDTM) is not greater than the release
time stamp (VBKPF-RELDT/RELTM). It seems that the update time stamp is set
when a document is changed after completion, but the release time stamp is
initial since it hasn't yet been released.

The method does not return this as an error. In fact the code comments state
that this situation must not be returned as an error. Instead it passes back
an error message number (134) as the return parameter (definately not the
normal use of a return parameter) and completes normally.

Although I haven't tested the standard solution (WS10000051) I can't see
anything in it's design that would make it behave any differently. I can't
find anything in OSS or archive that seems applicable.

Extra details:
My solution relies on BTE2213 to control which documents are WF relevant.
There is no "wait for Changed" handling within the process as the agent
determination is based on Document Type alone and therefore no changes will
actually affect the responsible agents.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Have fun,
Mark