Webflow

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon May 24 23:34:39 EDT 2004

Hi Pradeep,
Ummm are you talking about the old generated Web Task approach which generates an EWT transaction?

1. This is an old approach - if you have a WAS system anywhere nearby you are better off using a webservice - any R3E, XI, relatively recent SRM/EBP or CRM system, etc. will do, as you just need a WAS system to handle the launch/callback.

2. If you still want to go this way ... you can't attach your own transaction to the task unless you are SAP (or pretend you are - but I'm not about to tell you how to do that).

3. One way to redirect to your own transaction is simply to attach the generated transaction code to your own program rather than the generated program.  Another is to use the matching ITS service ~transaction parameter to redirect to your own transaction.

4. Remember that you still need to handle the launch paramters and call back url in the same way that the generated transaction does otherwise your work item will not launch/complete successfully.

Jocelyn