Changing event linkages in PRD

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon May 24 13:04:22 EDT 2004

Greetings all,
I've noticed on our 4.7/620 system it is no longer possible to deactivate
event linkage in production. Previously one could switch it off via PFTC =
but
not on.

Also, (I've asked this before), the alternative would be to mark linkage =
as
having errors. This would for me be the ideal solution as it stores all t=
he
events which you can resubmit or delete afterwards. BUT event linkage sta=
tus
is also a transportable item. This makes it pretty useless.

There were 'unofficial' ways around these in previous versions so it was
never an issue, but I'd say it's an important safety feature to have in c=
ase
things go wrong during a batch process or whatever. I've just seen anothe=
workflow bringing an entire system down because of this. Fortunately this
one wasn't a productive one, but that has happened too...

Any thoughts on this? Looking for ways to (temporarily) suspend a workflo=
linkage...
Cheers
Mike