Header problems with e-mail messages.... - UPDATE

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed May 5 06:35:47 EDT 2004

I'm a bit late here, but now that I see you use Lotus there is another
possibility (which we use). I don't think I will recommend you to go this
path, but it would solve your problem for workflow messages. All
notifications about workflow are sent to a common mail-in database. A
program processes these and create new messages which are sent to the real
recipients. You can then filter out messages from test systems and you can
set whatever reply-to-address you want, as long as you have stored it
somewhere in the message from SAP. We use R3M attachments holding the
information we need and create these in our own program (i.e. we don't use
the standard notification program), but this is a legacy from the bad old
days.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Dart, Jocelyn"
                    <jocelyn.dart at sap.co        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    m>                          cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Header problems with e-mail messages.... - UPDATE
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    05.05.2004 01:17
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hi all,
If you just want to tell people "don't reply directly" then one way is to
create a standard text (transaction SO10) and just include that in all your
work item long texts.  Then you can change the text in one place also.
Jocelyn