Header problems with e-mail messages.... - UPDATE

Edwin Mukusha emukusha at nebraska.edu
Tue May 4 10:06:21 EDT 2004

Thank you Jeffrey.  I had never thought of the 'mailto:' option. That will
indeed give me yet another work-around. It works great in Lotus because
lotus will highlight mailto line for you with a flashing underline. Then
when you click the hyperlink Lotus ignores your 'default e-mail program'
settings in Internet Explorer and creates a new (Memo) message within
Lotus!
I had already figured out how to vary the sender address on each e-mail.
However the reply-to address that I am after is separate from the sender.

I am still determined to be able to specify both the sender (from:) and be
able to specify a separate reply-to: address.  This would allow the user to
get an e-mail in their inbox and  see the fixed system e-mail address from
wf-batch and know straightaway that this is an SAP workflow message.  When
the user clicks reply, the message header will automatically be filled with
a varying reply-to address directing replies to the appropriate contact for
that business process.

Thank you.

Edwin Mukusha

|         |           "Jeffrey A.      |
|         |           Rappaport"       |
|         |           <Jeff at Business-Wo|
|         |           rkflow.com>      |
|         |           05/03/2004 05:47 |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>, Edwin Mukusha <emukusha at nebraska.edu>  |
  |       cc:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: Header problems with e-mail messages.... - UPDATE                                        |

Edwin,

   If the reply email address will always be the same, change
WF-Batch's email address to the 'Reply To' address, this way the
Users just need to hit Reply on the email. If the reply addresses
vary, you can place a hyperlink in the body of the message like:
'mailto:emukusha at nebraska.edu?subject=Hello from Edwin'

etc....etc...

Jeffrey A. Rappaport
Business Workflow, LLC
Voice:(732)355-0123
Fax:  (509)757-4144
Email:Jeff at Business-Workflow.com
Web:  www.Business-Workflow.com

*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
>   DATA BEGIN OF OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.         "SAPoffice: object
> definition,
>           INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOOD1.        "change attributes
>   DATA END OF OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.
>   DATA BEGIN OF OBJECT_CONTENT OCCURS 5.  "SAPoffice: Single List
> with
>           INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOLISTI1.    "Column Length 255
>   DATA END OF OBJECT_CONTENT.
>   DATA BEGIN OF REC_TABLE OCCURS 1.       "SAPoffice: recipient
> with
>           INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOOS1.        "attributes
>   DATA END OF REC_TABLE.
>
> * Build email recipient
> table...........................................
>   CLEAR REC_TABLE.
>   REC_TABLE-SEL        = 'X'.
>   REC_TABLE-RECESC     = 'U'.
> *rec_table-recnam      = 'BASF'.
>   REC_TABLE-RECEXTNAM  = PDIREC_EMAIL.
>   TRANSLATE REC_TABLE-RECEXTNAM TO LOWER CASE.
>   REC_TABLE-ADR_NAME   = PDIREC_EMAIL.
>   TRANSLATE REC_TABLE-ADR_NAME  TO LOWER CASE.
>   REC_TABLE-SNDEX      = 'X'.
>   REC_TABLE-SNDPRI     = '1'.
>   REC_TABLE-MAILSTATUS = 'E'.
>   REC_TABLE-SNDSPO     = PORD_SPOOL .
>   COLLECT REC_TABLE.

*...Subject.Line........................................................
>   CLEAR OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.
>   OBJECT_HD_CHANGE-OBJDES = PASUNTO.
>
> * Send
> Email............................................................
>   CALL FUNCTION 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'
>        EXPORTING
>             OBJECT_HD_CHANGE           = OBJECT_HD_CHANGE
>             OBJECT_TYPE                = 'RAW'
>             OUTBOX_FLAG                = 'X'
>        TABLES
>             OBJCONT                    = PTEXTO