MSS / PCR workflows - automatic posting experiences?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Mar 11 05:49:42 EST 2004

Hi all,
I've been asked to modify the standard Personnel Change Request workflows
(4.7/6.20) to save data in background rather than send to an administrato=
r to
rekey.
I'd like to know if anyone has done automatic postings of PCR data and th=
is
and could share a little of their experiences. For what it's worth, I've
identified the following basic strategy:

Pull out the data with ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET (thanks Jocelyn)
Post it with ???. Basic idea is simple - extend the notification object t=
include one or more 'save' methods. Now I could use the sledgehammer meth=
od
and just get an HR programmer to write me a function module for creating =
XYZ
infotype. I would like to know if there is something available that I've
overlooked - perhaps some BAdI's not listed in the docs? The HRWPC_PCR* F=
M's
available all seem to be user-oriented so they don't help.

I'm just trying to get a feel for whether I'm on the tright track as anyt=
hing
HR related tends to be a bit weird and one can easily miss the obvious :-=
)

Cheers
Mike