Requisition workflow triggered MRP run

Nat 4 Govender ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Thu Mar 11 00:12:51 EST 2004

Hi Lyal,

>From what I read in your mail the release strategy is created therefore=
 the
event RELEASESTEPCREATED will be generated.
I would check if you have a check function that does not start a workfl=
ow
for MRP Purchase requisition.
Here for MRP release PR our account assignment is blank and in the cont=
act
person tab of the PR the creation indicator field is materials requirem=
ents
planning.
We do not have a release strategy for these PR.

Please give my regards to Cathy.

Regards
Nat Govender
Toyota South Africa
SAP Support  - SAP Workflow
Ext.              : 32645
Direct Line : 031 - 910 2645
Fax              : 031 - 902 9633
E-Mail         : ngovender4 at toyota.co.za

                                                                       =

             "Lyal Schumann,                                           =

             Group Services                                            =

             UK"                                                       =
             <Lyal.Schumann at RM         SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU          =

             C.CO.UK>                                                  =
 cc
             Sent by: SAP                                              =

             Workflow                                              Subj=
ect
             <Owner-SAP-WUG at MI         Requisition workflow triggered M=
RP
             TVMA.MIT.EDU>             run                             =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

             2004/03/10 03:41                                          =

             PM                                                        =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

             Please respond to                                         =

               "SAP Workflow                                           =

               Users' Group"                                           =

             <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.M                                         =

                  IT.EDU>                                              =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

Hi,  Workflow Guru's

I am trying to trigger a Purchase Requisition release workflow from an =
MRP
run. There don't seem to be any events triggered, nor change documents
created when the run occurs. This seems to be a recurring theme in the
archives, but there don't seem to be any solid answers.

I am working on 4.6C. Also, our configurers are not prepared to go the
whole
Reservation - Planned Order - Requisition route.

The techie solution seems to be to create a report that will be started=

after an MRP run, which just finds the Requisitions that are subject to=
release strategy and don't have a related workflow, and raising a
RELEASESTEPCREATED event for them. Does anyone know whether a more eleg=
ant
solution exists?

In 2002, Enrique Arregu=EDn Ram=EDrez suggested that a search could be =
done on
'MRP Performance', but I haven't really found anything helpful there.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Lyal Schumann

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and inten=
ded
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are address=
ed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manag=
er.

This email is sent by a member of the RMC Group p.l.c. group of Compani=
es.
RMC Group p.l.c. is registered in England under company no. 249776. The=

registered office address of RMC Group and its UK subsidiaries is RMC
House, Coldharbour Lane, Thorpe, Egham, Surrey TW20 8TD.

This footnote also confirms that this email has been swept by MIMEsweep=
er
for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com

This message is a privileged and private communication and may be
read,copied and used only by the intended recipient (s).
If you are not an intended recipient, please let us know by return
email/fax.Please then delete the message and do not disclose its conten=
ts
to any person.
Neither the sender nor Toyota South Africa Motors accepts any liability=

whatsoever as a result of the further dissemination of this message.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to avoid corruption of data or
information, we do not accept any liability should such corruption occu=
r.=