Generic Object Services and SAPv4.5b

Nicholas Brand nicholas.n.brand at uk.ibm.com
Tue Mar 9 09:47:21 EST 2004

Hi,

My client uses SAP v4.5b and will upgrade to v4.7 within the year.

In v4.7 we could use Generic Object Services to allow them to attach Excel
or Word files to invoices - e.g. the file may be the invoice justification
or detail the line-items that make up the invoice.

So my question is: Is it possible to attach a file to an invoice in v4.5b
as standard and how is it done?

I'm not talking about linking scanned images to the invoice using the SAP
ArchiveLink tables which I know is possible.

Thanks for any advice. It's been quite a while since I used v4.5b and I
don't have access to the system at the moment.

Regards,
Nicholas