Hide approver steps from EBP workflow

Trant, David David.Trant at andrew.com
Mon Jun 21 13:14:26 EDT 2004

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but to answer the original question (and=
 Jocelyn's "Well firstly - TEN STEPS!!!! - my goodness!" - try twelve!!):

We encountered the same issues, of course, and our solution was to create t=
welve, yes count them twelve workflow templates, each representing the numb=
er of managerial approvals required.  We based this on the business telling=
 us there would be at most nine levels between the lowest level grunt worke=
r and the CEO, and adding a couple to be on the safe side, plus a catch-all=
=2E  We then have start conditions the use a custom attribute to determine =
which of the twelve workflows must be selected based on the shopping cart a=
mount and the requestor's place in the food chain.  This solution does not =
require modification of the applet.  Obviously, though, it is a maintenance=
 nightmare and we too are anxiously awaiting the ability to upgrade to the =
next release where the BADI should make things much simpler.

David