Email subject limited to 50 characters

Martinek, Jerry Jerry.Martinek at icbc.com
Mon Jun 21 12:14:49 EDT 2004

Hi Mike,

I received a similar and frustrating response for the same 50 character
restriction for program RSWUWMLEC in EBP 4.0.

Technically a shorter workitem description would work, but if you're =
relying
on getting the readers attention when they look into Outlook, shorter =
is not
always better. Concatenating a name, a shopping cart number and some =
meaning
full text in 50 characters isn't always possible.=20
=20
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
----
                                                                        =
  =20
    14.06.2004 05:27:36      SAP AG                                     =
  =20
Hi Jerry,                                                               =
  =20
                                                                        =
  =20
The field which must e changed is in the form 'send_messages'. The      =
  =20
field name is called mail_subject and is of the type                    =
  =20
SOPCKLSTI1-OBJ_DESCR (50 char). In order to change the field length, it =
  =20
is necessary to change the above mentioned structure. It is hardly      =
  =20
possible because it is used in many places, also in the RFC interface =
of  =20
of the Internet Mail Gateway.                                           =
  =20
                                                                        =
  =20
  Try to use the shorter text of the workitem. You can define your own  =
  =20
version of the workitem text. Go to the corresponding standard task, be =
  =20
in the DISPLAY mode and create the customer version of the workitem     =
  =20
text. Afterwards one can choose between SAP version and the customer    =
  =20
version of the workitem text. The procedure is similar to creation of   =
  =20
a customer version of the task description (note 335082).               =
  =20
                                                                        =
  =20
I hope that this information helps you to achieve the desired           =
  =20
functionality.                                                          =
   =20
----

Jerry Martinek=20