Dedicated server for WF

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Fri Jun 4 07:57:39 EDT 2004

Does it fail...? What dou you mean by fail...

It might... but its not "lost" and the load balancer can be changed (SMLG)
so that attempts to logon to instance A end up on B.
But if all instances are busy... then it must "fail" as you call it.
FULL is FULL. What does all this mean.
The Destination can be used to go to another available server, YES.
If that server is full, then all bets are off.

If your administrator is familiar with such games (s/he has multiple instances and logon groups'
under control) then they already have such concerns addressed.

SM59 still allows for a last minute change of app server anyway.

Go ahead a let them move initial event handling to another server.
BTW....Do you have the event q turned on.
SWEQADM ?
No?.... Now mention the event queue to them.
Careful you will need a bucket as they may start salivating excessively.

Now they can control the processing of events in a controlled manner.
Although the default schedule button in SWEQADM doesn't offer it,
ABAP    RSWEQSRV can be scheduled manually to run every minute on a specific server.
So before you do mass maint on SWE2... take a look at SWEQADM.

Cheers

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant
Business Technologies