Parallel Work Items

Edwin Mukusha emukusha at nebraska.edu
Thu Jul 29 13:28:42 EDT 2004

Richard,

Questions for you:
1. What is your multi-line element?
2. When the workflow ran did you get several separate workitems for each
multi-line element?

I suspect  that you are binding a the wrong element.  I think what you want
(for parallel processing) is to make your agent the multi-line element.  So
on the tab with the Agents section bind the single version of the
multi-line.

I hope this helps.

Edwin.

                      Richard Marut
                      <rvmarut at earthlink.        To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      net>                       cc:
                      Sent by: SAP               Subject:  Parallel Work Items
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      07/27/2004 12:53 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

I have a task that requires parallel processing for multiple users. I have
multi-line element that I have assigned to the Multiline Element field on
the Other tab of the task step for dynamic parallel processing. The
workflow
generates multiple work items but does not actually assign the users. I
receive the 'all users can process this task' message when I check the
agent
assignment in the workflow log. I have the task set for general task. The
agent assignment works fine if I assign the same multi-line element as an
expression on the Control tab but not when used at the Other tab.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? This is a 4.6C system.

Richard.