EBPro Workflow

Smith, Cassaundra Cassaundra.Smith at anheuser-busch.com
Mon Jan 26 15:02:15 EST 2004

All,

We are on release 4.6C.  We have an accounts payable workflow using IXOS =
where
we process service entry sheet creation/approval/rejections.  This =
workflow
currently resides in our SAP 4.6C system.  Our customers have requested =
that we
come up with a solution where some of the service entry sheet =
acceptances take
place on the EBPro side.  What they are envisioning is our current SAP =
R/3
workflow would work accordingly, but for certain purchasing orgs, after =
the
entry sheet has been created on the R/3 side, somehow we would need to =
route an
email/workitem to EBPro users who will either approve or reject the =
entrysheet
on the EBPro side.  This approval or rejection would then be routed back =
to the
R/3 side where the workflow over on that side would continue based upon =
either
the approval or the rejection.  I am assuming, based on my limited =
knowledge,
that webflow would be used here.  Maybe a single step task would need to =
be
created on the EBPro  side where the approval or rejection would take =
place.
And then this approval or rejection would just be routed back to the R/3
workflow via an XML document.  Some questions I am coming up with are:

Will the workflow log show what is going on the EBPro side with the
approval/rejection task on that side.  Like if a valid user on the EBPro =
side is
not a valid user on the R/3 side, will this pose a problem for the =
workflow log?

Have any of you guys attempted anything like this??  IF so, how did you =
go about
accomplishing it and has it proven successful.

Casey