question inbox functionality: dynamic columns.

Koenraad Janssens koenraad.janssens at sidmar.arcelor.com
Fri Jan 23 10:26:04 EST 2004

Hi all

We are currently using dynamic columns task-based.  So for each task we
specify which attributes should be filled in in the columns and then the
users can use these to sort or filter out what they seek.

Another way you can do this is user based.  So for each user (possibly
even split up by task type) you can specify what attributes should be
filled in in the dynamic columns.  Offcourse if you have tons of users
this is unusable.

We would now like to know if it is in any way possible to use
organisational units with dynamic columns.  For various kinds (groups) of
users we would like to have different data in the dynamic columns for a
certain task.  This still will be a time consuming task but it wouldn't be
as terrible as if it would be if we could only do it user based.

Anyone had a similar problem or does anyone know how to do this?

Kind regards

Koenraad Janssens
Sidmar N.V.- ISM
Tel: +32 9 347 35 76
E-mail: koenraad.janssens at sidmar.arcelor.com

This message should only be read by those persons to whom it is
addressed, and may contain confidential information, the disclosure
of which is prohibited. This message is not intended to create rights
or obligations without subsequent written confirmation of its contents.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately